Additional Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

He Lies Like A Rug

I have many reasons for not believing anything Barack Obama says. He is a manipulator of the first order. When I see two consecutive months of job creation claimed to have been revised up by over 100% in each case, I grow suspicious. When that revision results in a reduction of the unemployment rate by .1% and I know that he has pulled ever card in the book to get favorable reactions to his disastrous policies, I suspect the government run Bureau of Labor Statistics, a bureau that recently filed suit against Boeing for having the temerity to move their manufacturing plant to a labor unfriendly state, am I now supposed to swallow anything they have to report?

I don't.

Now, he pans the idea of having the credit rating reduced from AAA to AA with some lousy crack about batteries, I really have step out of my normally reserved posture and just say it: Obama is a liar and a manipulator and willing to do anything it takes to stay in office. He is willing to manipulate any report, to put the strong arm on any bureaucracy to get his way. If we allow ourselves to accept anything coming out of his office as anything other than a distraction and a cover for is traitorous actions we are fooling ourselves and burying our heads in the sand.

I don't claim to be an expert on labor statistics, nor do I claim to have any inside knowledge, but when a president is given completely to lies and obfuscations for his and his party's political benefit, I cannot, with any degree of seriousness, accept a single supposed fact or premise being furthered by the Executive Branch of government.

I overheard a conversation in a Frankfort, Kentucky coffee shop today wherein these teachers, or professors, or whatever complained about the ignorance of those who put a premium on the words of the founders as fools and ignoramuses. Okay, I accept their opinions. I accept the view of the Senate majority leader and other professional politicians and agree that the Constitution is of little consequence and really does not mean what it clearly states. So, where do we go from here? Should we accept the legitimacy of the power wielded by those same politicians as legitimate if the Constitution is a jumble of misdirected intent?

Are we not then divided as a nation by those who recognize that the Constitution as legitimate and by those who feel like it is merely a general guideline for the future rulers of the people?

I suggest this: I only give my loyalty to a government willing to abide by the limitations listed in the Constitution. Where the government no longer feels a loyalty to the document, I feel no loyalty to it. The government, therefore, must be replaced by one I am willing to obey and no other, or I must become an active rebel.

I don't give a rat's damn about what the Supreme Court has determined to be a violation of the Constitution and what it has not. I don't care for that determination any more than I would the determination of Harry Reid. They have forfeited their credibility.

Often the enemies of liberty bring up the actions of George Washington, who, when given the ultimate power of government, sought to rid the nation of the ills he thought most dire though there was no Constitutional basis for the laws he sought to pass. This, my friends, only demonstrates that NO ONE can be trusted with the reins of power in this government but the people and that all who accept power are ultimately human and given to weakness and arrogance. It is the vindication of those who wrote the Constitution from a position of subjugation, not the vindication who, however otherwise noble, sought to violate those calculated principles once power had been given.

15 comments:

  1. As I remember, the new jobs were slightly over 100K, but since over 190K quit looking for work, that means a negative, which I'm sure won't surprise many. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my neck of the tumble weeds and coyotes, they are telling us that the unemployment rate is around 18%. Of course, that doesn't include those who have exhausted their unemployment or just gave up. The foreclosure rate is around 1 in 38 homes. My brother-in-law, who is a straight up hard worker, who had been laid off and recalled back to his job numerous times, was finally given a final pink slip. Doing everything he could to support his wife and 2 children, he finally went down to apply for food stamps. He said in was the most humiliating thing he has ever done in his life. I don't, won't, and do not blame him. I lost one job 5 months ago. Got another job at the end of June thinking, "Why did this guy hire me. There's no work." Sure enough, 4 weeks later he let me go. In that 4 weeks, I did 1 head job, 1 timing belt, 6 oil changes, and 3 smogs. You used to see most auto shops full of cars, but no one has the money to get their cars fixed unless they breakdown totally. I went to an interview a couple of days ago. He had 4 mechanics and 2 cars in the bays and 3 sales people in the office. I have hit every auto shop up here and it is the same story.

    Meh. I get some side work here and there.

    I just hope the people, at least enough of them, wake up and realize there is only one way out of this and that is the hard way. Our system, as it stands now, needs to be broken down. For example, you can type in the search bar "Government from A to Z" and see all the federal agencies listed, yet not one was scrapped. I think it was last month, Obummer alone created something like 600 +- new regulations ... all on his lonesome.

    Okay. I am venting. ;-) (And I got my own blog).

    Good to hear from you and that all your fingers are still attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that 4 weeks, I did 1 head job, 1 timing belt, 6 oil changes, and 3 smogs.

    Wow! He sure lost out unless you were working on commission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is where we're at. Governed by a pack of thieves and liars (at the state and local levels as well) who refuse to be governed themselves. They are pirates, plain and simple. Now is the time to fight fire with fire, to return their volley. Hoist the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 35% Commission Brock. Plus, a guarantee of 500 a week if commission did not surpass that. Basically, those 11 jobs in a span of 4 weeks is about 3, 4 days tops, of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before all the mechanics worked on straight commission, either 50% or 60% plus 10% on parts for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of 50 or 60% commission where I live. 35-40 tops. Most places don't pay 10 percent parts.

    Flag time is anywhere from 19 to 30 dollars an hour depending on experience. Experienced on average pays 24 to 28 an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does the shop charge the customer per hour now? $75-$80?

    ReplyDelete
  9. TL,

    If you haven't seen it already, check out the article by John Mariotti at Forbes:

    http://blogs.forbes.com/prospernow/2011/08/06/a-failed-presidency-the-american-problem/

    Even the uber-liberal Yahoo put it on their site as news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next liar in chief?

    Who is Rick Perry? Big Government, Globalist.

    http://gulagbound.com/17290/the-phony-right-wing-part-5-james-richard-rick-perry/

    Look at his record. Read widely, and review the man's actions, not his propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sofa:

    Yes, just another Romney and posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ANYBODY would be better than mitt-for-brains.

    If they don't give me a REAL CONSERVATIVE to vote for this time, I'll vote for (hack-spit) Chairman Maobama.

    I swype last time would be THE LAST TIME I voted "lesser of two evils."

    If we get a REAL conservative, we MIGHT have a shot at saving what's left here. If not, we're DONE, the only question remaining will be "fast collapse our slow?"

    I choose FAST, hence my promised vote.

    At this point it's either fix it, or burn the mortar-forker.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  13. 100% DD, ain't no more lesser of the two evils for me. (Although I've said that before........)

    ReplyDelete
  14. TL...I am originally from the Sidney, Mt...Williston ND area...are you still up there rockin' the bakken?

    ReplyDelete