Additional Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Breaking the Silence

I have been silent for a few weeks now. Life brings changes and I have gone out into the North Dakota oil fields and have changed in my water well drilling clothes for those of an oil field hand. Honest work deserves honest pay it wasn't working out with my own company and so I have become an employee.

The downside of this is that I don't have much time of my own and while there certainly are political controversies worth debating and highlighting on this page, there are more pressing needs for my family. This one requires that I live a long way from home and work 12 hour days without internet access most of the time. It is about all I can do to get something to eat, wash some clothes and get ready for the next day, much less find sketchy internet access and bang out a diatribe on the events of the day.

I think all of us are busy doing the things we need to do to survive and prepare for the times and conflicts before us. This is a major step in my preparations to do just that. With those 12 hour days comes something I could not find in any other employment, the money and the time, generally well pay and 14 days off a month.

We will be moving later this year to Kentucky, but in the meantime I will be spending most of my time packing up the old life and moving on. I am forced by circumstance to live in a Man Camp close to the drilling site for reasons of company policy, so I don't spend money keeping two homes and will have more to pursue other endeavors.

I know a lot of you have come to appreciate this page and I have found no more satisfaction than to communicate with many of you over the past several months. I am not shutting this down, or Guardians of Liberty, but I am refocusing my efforts to aid those who are doing the hard work every day with my time off and some extra funds to make the endeavors of others a success.

Things will change for all of us in the coming months, I am doing the best I can to prepare for those changes and actually make them work to my advantage. Thank you and if you will check back occasionally to see if I have resurfaced, I might have something more to announce.

17 comments:

  1. As an employee, "ah fill yore pine," bro. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you checked in. I remember those 12 hour days 7 days a week roust-a-bout jobs I had working for refractory outfits before I went to Auto-tech work. Praying that you have a safe and clean crew.

    Prayers to you, your family, and your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it is going better for you, TL. Care for your family and yourself, and be safe out there on the rigs. Blogspot automatically informs me when you have posted, so I'll stay current, no worries. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you Sir. We will keep an ear to the ground for your next message.

    Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe brother!

    Pickdog
    III

    ReplyDelete
  6. good on ya.

    keep on keeping on

    ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and congratulations on the decision to move to Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll all be here waiting for you and your uncommon wisdom.

    Be careful at the job...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are working out for you, though it leaves a hole in my blog-reading-schedule...

    Still, as always, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do -- so...

    If I may, I'd like to offer one tip - just in case your muse should demand some attention...

    Under more "primitive" Internet conditions, it's still rather easy to post. Just create your post in MS Word (Or "Open Office Writer") and save as HTML. You can then log on, copy/paste/preview/publish -- all in just a minute or so!

    It's also easier to format and etc -- just be sure you're copying/pasting HTML into the HTML tab in Blogger and things should look just like your preview!

    This way, you can do all your writing when you feel the urge, and just post when you manage to find a connection!

    I REALLY hope this helps -- helps you post more often than you thought you might -- but in any case I'm grateful for what you've already shared!

    God Bless -- I'll be praying for you and yours!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're working on the rig floor, be careful not to cut off your fingers or part of your hand when you are tripping the pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your doing(a)well. I know what it's like with Skippy Internet service. working a 28 and 14 schedule myself. Money's good but so is time off with wife and family.

    Happy Independence Day!!!!!!!

    Dennis
    III
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound more upbeat than you have in some time.
    God be with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Godspeed - wishing all the best for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still strongly believe that if there was more discussion and lively debate among the wider public, about matters important to mental health patients, people I love dearly would not have suffered in silence, terrified and bewildered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cousin "Skeeter" works up in those same fields.
    He commutes all the way to central Wyoming every 10 days.

    ReplyDelete