Additional Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

You Tell Me...

Every one has to figure out for themselves what degree of liberty they will sacrifice for security. The Constitution makes a grand effort to do that via law, to protect for us the liberty we need to be free. Even the reference to the Constitution today seems silly. There is nothing left of it, its promises, or its weight. It is as light as a sheet of paper and nothing more. The need for security has overwhelmed it and drowned it in regulations.

There was a moment earlier this year when things might have been pressed and liberty secured. The moment was when the new congresspeople were sworn in and had taken their places, when they needed to feel the heat of the people they left behind and the encouragement of their constituents. It was a moment I understood as defining. In the blink of an eye, it was gone and so was our one shot at Constitutionality, at reversing the trend, and demanding liberty and shaking up politics as usual. Now, there are those like Freedomworks, Tea Party Nation and Glenn Beck's 912 groups who hold onto the mantel, hoping somehow to shake something valuable out of it, but it is empty.

People have accused me of giving up, of turning my back on my nation. My nation is not a place, it is a set of conditions under which my forefathers agreed to live and to raise children. It is a covenant between the people and those they allow to sit in the seats of power. Break the covenant and you have broken the nation. In case no one has bothered to do the accounting, let me:


First Amendment: "Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, nor prohibiting the FREE EXERCISE THEREOF..." Can you really tell me that I have the ability to freely exercise my religion? Can I quote the Bible in school? Can I quote the Bible in a Courtroom? Can I hang the Ten Commandments anywhere I want? That is but one covenant of the people that is in tatters. "Or, abridging the freedom of speech..." Are you kidding me? One guy burns a Koran and the whole world comes unglued on him. Burn a flag and everyone wants to be your friend. That is disgusting. "Or, of the press..." No need to do that, simply co-opt them into the liberal mindset, into the moocher mentality and just buy them off, right Washington Post, CBS? "Or the right of the people to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances." As long as you have a permit and submit to personal investigation. I don't think that's what our founders had in mind. But then, the grass needs to be protected, right?

Second Amendment: "A well-regulated Militia being necessary to a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Give me a damn break. Since when? Look boys, it is not their place to tell us who shall be deemed worthy to possess. The very act of denial is an outrage, it is a denial of citizenship, a denial of legitimacy, it is a denial of self-defense and I don't give a rat's ass who might have done what, they still deserve to be able to defend themselves, if not from each other, from their damn powerful, impersonal and demanding government.

I'm not going to go down the whole list, though I could. That would be a book-length communication and no one would really give a damn once it is done.

I am not turning my back on America, on my nation, it and all who tolerate this condition of servitude have already done that. I have fought the law for 24 years and it continues to astound me how bad it can get without moving some feet, without those willing to die to maintain the rights so many have already given their lives to defend. But, not us. It is like spitting on their graves and I can't do it anymore.

I once sought the aid of others. Now, I don't. I have a limit and I have reached it. I can't go back and edit that limit to allow some more time for laying around waiting for others to gather. I am at my limit. I have spent the past three years since the government wrecked the economy with their "give everyone a house" mentality of Carter, Clinton and Bush, fighting off the creditors, enduring more and more government regulations, watching my workers walk out the door only to meet two more IRS agents coming and state inspectors growing like weeds. Maybe you haven't see the exchange of hard-working men and women for bureaucrats like I have, maybe it hasn't had the same impact on you that it has on me. I don't know and I don't care. I have seen what I have and I have responded to it.

Flat out, it goes like this: I either buck the system and get thrown in prison in the next few weeks for perhaps years, or decades, or I find a place where my liberty-loving soul can thrive. I recognize this will come with risks and that perhaps I will be killed in this new land, or kidnapped, or coerced to do things with which I disagree. I may have to worry about the condition of the water, or the sanitary nature of the food preparation, but not worrying about those things has allowed me to become a captive in a different kind of way. I am afraid of what I might say in line at the local TSA grope-a-thon and become designated as an enemy of the state. I worry that I might tell these IRS agents and state inspectors to piss off and have my business confiscated, or my business license revoked.

Now, you tell me who lives in a cage? You tell me who has turned their back on the nation.

Graciously linked and quoted at Free North Carolina.
Graciously linked at Refreshing the Tree of Liberty.
Graciously linked and quoted at III Percent Patriots.
Graciously linked and quoted at Randy's Right.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent piece and posted.

    "I either buck the system and get thrown in prison in the next few weeks for perhaps years, or decades, or I find a place where my liberty-loving soul can thrive."

    If this is final, then you obviously have but one choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes with you. This entire nation has "turned its back on the nation".

    We're something else.

    You do what you must; I understand your frustration and your limits.

    I have burned my bridges, and here I will stay. It is my choice alone to make as yours belongs to you. No one would fault you if you left this nation for a better paying job; how much more valuable is your freedom and conscience?

    Keep me posted, TL. You've earned my respect, wherever you end up.

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks AP, I'll be back for the ruckus, wouldn't miss it, but I can't take much more of the government looking over my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice is yours and that is the beauty of Liberty. But why not post your list of grievances? Is that not what the Declaration of Independance is all about? It is to me one of the most beautifully reasoned and well documented works of mankind ever written, bar none. It let ol' Georgie boy know where he stood and why he was where he was in the colonies he was supposed to serve and protect. It is what gave legitimacy to the Revolution and to the flegling new country it liberated from tyranny. So, why not?

    You sir are well reasoned and very well spoken and I for one am glad I found your bloggo. Rant and rave all you wish. But if in your well spoken and articulate way were to write a list of grievances in such a way that could be sent to legislators at all levels of government it could be valuable to the rest of us. But if not because you are D-O-N-E with all the crapola I understand.

    Just a wishin I hd discovered your words earlier,
    Rob of Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Davis, I wish you only the best and I thank you for all that you have done, which is more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TL, If there is one person I know who could write a new Declaration of Independence, it would be you.

    When I first met you and said you were the new Thomas Paine, I was not blowing smoke up your ass.

    Since then, I think your writings have bourne that pronouncement out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TL:

    As we discussed at Guardians muster, you have received an answer from your fellow Americans.

    Your job now is to stay alive and free.

    Do what you need to do.

    The good folks will understand.

    To hell with anyone who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TL,

    God speed and God Bless, do what your conscience demands. Just know that wherever you go, you will always have a place when the ruckus comes, to hang your BOB.

    As for me and mine, we will defend these hills and be buried here, like our grandpas before us.

    one last thing...

    "Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

    For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in high Places.

    Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to STAND.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations T.L., you've arrived. I likened it to the "grieving process" myself, I went through the same phases as you have. Now, what to do...

    I believe I recommended it to you before, but I'll do it again: get Tom Baugh's book "Starving the Monkeys". Then start networking with like minded folks locally. Arrange your affairs to reach what I call a "tax neutral" state. Get acquainted with the underground economy. And above all, in your mind you must "withdraw your consent". You know, "consent of the governed". As you said, the contract's been broken. Withdraw your consent. It's a mental exercise, but one you'll find quite Liberating. From here on, you'll only be as "engaged" in the system as is absolutely necessary to squeak by from day to day. In the mean time, you'll be building relationships that will carry you and yours through the coming collapse, and if you're not currently preparing for it, the time to do so was yesterday.

    The system WILL collapse. There are folks like me, who've realized that it MUST collapse in order to regain Freedom, who are actively working to collapse the system. Help it along actually...

    As "evil" as that may sound, it is not. What is evil is the continuation of this system which rapes, robs, and pillages We the People. It must be stopped. If not, it will consume us all, as it has been doing for generations. It's time to take a long, hard look at just what it is you truly value. From there your journey begins...

    Mayberry

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you find such a place in the world, I will pray for your safe arrival there and hope you will one day tell the rest of us about it. I am trapped here, hell in my present situation I cannot even leave my house when I want to. But that's a personal problem. Thank you for all that you've done to help make people understand what's going on and for fighting for freedom. God bless and Godspeed, TL. I wish nothing but the very best wherever you go and whatever you do. You're a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the magic word Sacrifice. I know you have sacrificed alot TL but most others haven't.
    Congress has sacrificed us as they never listen to us.

    ReplyDelete