Additional Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Liberty Is Worth It

I've had to do some soul-searching over the past few days, working toward the siege. There are a lot of things that still need to be done. I continue to think it is a good idea. In my heart I know these Republicans, no matter how dedicated they might seem, are incapable of backbone when confronted with the press corps hell bent on supporting any Democratic congress and destroying any Republican congress. The  media are the worst sorts of bullies, given the protections of the nation and supported by the people they pursue their own, narrow, selfish goals and our representatives are sent out to face that every day. It is easier to give in than to fight it. This is something I have come to understand myself.

Regardless of the numbers involved, whether none show up at all, I will pursue this idea of making visits to DC more accessible to the legitimate lobbyists, the people. Our voices have long been absent from the shouted demands on Congress. Ours is but one message: Give Us Liberty.

At times one gets wrapped up in success and failure, of doing something worthy, or being a fool. I am no different. I want the things I do to work and be a success. Sometimes, it doesn't go according to plan and I am left to decide whether to embrace the failure or reassess my position and carry on in a different direction. This endeavor is still worthy of my time and I will carry on. Liberty is worth my time. I hope it is worthy of yours.

3 comments:

  1. T.L.,I'm sure that the dedicated men that stayed with George Washington up to/till Valley Forge had their moments(days)of self-doubt, but they Thank God, Stayed The Course and went on to Victroy to make our soon to be Nation a reality. Glad to see that you have chosen like-wise, Thank You.

    Dennis
    III
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quoted and linked at http://greenmnts.blogspot.com/2011/01/ethan-allen-where-are-you.html

    Today is Ethan Allen's birthday. It brings great joy to see that his spirit still burns bright.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Allen

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_of_the_Vermonters,_1779

    ReplyDelete
  3. TL:

    There are things we (and they) know, there are things we know we don't know, and there are things that we don't know we don't know.

    Will be headed north on Sat.

    ReplyDelete