Additional Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taking The Long Way Around

I hope the readers of this blog will stick with me as I take the long way around to a few crucial issues that present themselves to us, the citizens of this nation.

Is this predictable? I suppose. People pretty much know what they're getting when I write a post. I could spend a little more time constructing the imagery, or searching for that perfect...word. I could use some of my fiction experience to draw the reader in. But, you know, I would just much rather let you all know what is happening and the take I have on that. If you find that valuable, or persuasive, I appreciate it, but my message is for you, to help you see what I see, or to confirm that what you are seeing is in fact the horrendous pile of garbage that it is.

See, all we have is us. If it were any different, we wouldn't have heard John Boehner gushing over the love Barack Obama has for the Republican opposition today from the capitol. We would not have heard about how they longed to work together. Intellectually I know that this is probably all window dressing during the lame-duck session, but the Republican Party is not far enough away from the recent backstabbing of the American public to be playing this game.


If there was ever any suggestion that the people could lean back and watch the 112th Congress do our bidding, today completely yanked that comforter out from under the napping cat. It is rude and while not completely unexpected, one might have expected a bit more posturing before they caved-in and sold us down the river. If we didn't know before that we were in a fight, today pretty much defined the firing line.

I hold no ill will toward these Republicans, they are house cats when we need a panther or two. They can't help if they have been de-clawed by a biased press and their own poor self-image, but this is not patty-cake, this is the survival of the Constitution. We have been working  for this moment and we don't need any more of these bargain-hunting pretenders. The trouble with Republicans is they have never understood how to wield power. They have no backbone.

I don't know what they see when they look out on the mall and see the hundreds of thousands of people who have arrived there this year to support their resistance to the Obama agenda. I suppose they just see a bunch of votes and wallets. But, I have been there on a number of occasions and not because I thought it was cool, or something smart, I did it because I recognize this time as the most crucial in our history. It is either the last chapter written on freedom, or the first chapter written on the restoration of Constitutional authority.

You know, we don't have to tolerate these fools. We don't. We will entrust to them this authority for a moment longer, but I will swear to God, if they fail us they fail all of the patriots in the history of the nation and I would rather lay my life down with them, than walk one more step in the shoes of a slave.

What I wouldn't give for a hundred thousand on 1/21, via WRSA. We are NEXT.

Graciously linked at Western Rifle Shooters Association.
Graciously linked and quoted at Refreshing The Tree of Liberty.
Graciously linked and quoted at The Shrugging Out Podcast.

Cross-posted at WASHINGTON REBEL.

13 comments:

  1. These are the frauds that voted for s510 today.
    Alexander (R-TN)
    Brown (R-MA)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Johanns (R-NE)
    Kirk (R-IL)
    LeMieux (R-FL)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    These are the people to blame when the USDA entry team comes for you because your chickens are unregistered, or you sold someone raw milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo irritated, mad, frustrated, right now I can't even think straight. This has always been the problem with the Republicans. The party as a whole needs to grow a pair! And if I have to hear one more insipid word about how they want to work together, compromise, listen, I may just climb a tower and start shooting. "...horrendous pile of garbage..." pretty generous of you. You said that a lot nicer than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save some time on January 21, 2011 at the Washington Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent this to Burr before the vote and no reply, of course.

    http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2010/11/s-510.html
    S. 510
    from Brock Townsend
    To Burr (On line)
    date Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    subject S. 510
    11:57 PM

    I assume the reason you support S. 510 is that you have received $326,086 from the interest groups who support this, correct?

    Maybe, if I paid you to pay attention to my VA case which I have sent to you twice to no avail, then you might respond with some results, correct?

    You are a poor excuse compared to Senator Dole who handled my VA problems promptly, but then you just got re-elected, so you don't have to bother with us peons for a while, correct........?

    Richard Burr R NC $326,086

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the war, Brock, now back in DC they have turned their backs, they intend to teach us a lesson for opposing their friends. The new senators will get a beating, too. I mean the ones who actually meant what they said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I travel a lot for work. Pretty sure I'm in North Carolina around that time. Don't have my dates yet but I am sorely tempted to make that trip. I stay pretty busy here at home but I don't know of any specific events here in Jan. I'll put some thought to it though. My hands are cramping from all the letters to KS politicians. Very glad we got Kobach. I certainly hope he doesn't disappoint. I'm not sure I have the stamina for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The big R after their names stands for RINO! We can't just vote Republican; we have to do our homework first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding post, T.L. I'm afraid (literally) that you're right. Cross-posted at
    http://shruggingout.blogspot.com/2010/12/tl-davis-author-of-constitutionalist-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gary, I agree, but also, we did a lot of choosing in the last election. A number of establishment GOP'ers were tossed. Without going into the long story, a new congressman is reliable only for the first two weeks in Washington. The point is there is no degree of advance selection that will make them act right once in the bubble of DC, one must do something about them while they are there as well. This is the purpose behind the 1/21 siege I have proposed and am working on the deatails thereof.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it time for the filthy maggot pigs to rot in hell yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I promised my father(a WWII vet)just before his death that I would work within the system as long as possible....
    I don't see nor was I counting on much of a change after the election.
    I've already taken off my white hat and replaced it with a black one.....

    "It's the first one that's expensive......the rest are free!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark and Tanks, guys, stay with me, we will be actually doing something on 1/21. There will be announcements in just a few.

    ReplyDelete